Release date for 4.3?

• #140, by afrlmeFriday, 09. December 2016, 13:01 8 years ago
    You forgot html5 export, some new Spine runtime stuff & hopefully some much needed bug fixes. wink

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #141, by AkcayKaraazmakFriday, 09. December 2016, 13:10 8 years ago
    Ovv guys please tell me that keyboard navigation will come with this update

Great Poster

440 Posts

• #142, by anna-arnoldFriday, 09. December 2016, 17:20 8 years ago
    Sometimes I really miss the funktion just to work with my keyboard, as in other Programming Engines. 
    For Example while creating the Dialogues or creating actions. I'd work much faster that way grin  (I'm typing 200-350 keystrokes per minute)
    Just a honest thought of me. 

95 Posts

• #143, by SimonSFriday, 09. December 2016, 17:30 8 years ago
    Can you tell me how you would navigate with you keyboard ? I remembert asking some people that requested this, but I don't think I got something out of it.

Thread Captain

1580 Posts

• #144, by afrlmeFriday, 09. December 2016, 18:07 8 years ago
    Can you tell me how you would navigate with you keyboard ? I remembert asking some people that requested this, but I don't think I got something out of it.

I think simplest method would be to have keyboard access the gamepad left stick axis to allow controlling via that with wasd &/or arrow keys. The cursor I suppose they could hide by creating a blank cursor. As for interaction the only thing I can think of is action areas & maybe triggering a loop on enter to listen out for when character is facing the correct direction & when they are, they show a icon on screen to signify that the player can interact with something. I suppose they could also use both keyboard & mouse, but ideally that would only really work if left click could be prevented from updating the target destination - maybe you could add that option (just like right button, etc aleady has) to the mouse properties tab / data structure?

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #145, by SimonSFriday, 09. December 2016, 19:07 8 years ago
    If it's about the player, that will stay in lua, but I will have scripts then.

Thread Captain

1580 Posts

• #146, by sebastianFriday, 09. December 2016, 19:14 8 years ago
    i guess he was talking about keyboard usage in the VS itself (?) 

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #147, by afrlmeFriday, 09. December 2016, 19:32 8 years ago
    i guess he was talking about keyboard usage in the VS itself (?) 

Looks like it. Not sure about AkcayKaraazmak though? I hate clicking everything too which is why I mostly stick to execute a script actions & scripting as much as possible. It's much faster to type than click willy nilly! grin

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #148, by marvelFriday, 09. December 2016, 23:43 8 years ago
     It's much faster to type than click willy nilly! grin
    Not for those who don't understand LUA! wink

Key Killer

598 Posts

• #149, by afrlmeSaturday, 10. December 2016, 04:43 8 years ago
     It's much faster to type than click willy nilly! grin
    Not for those who don't understand LUA! wink

Well you just showed your understanding of it by writing the name in ALL capital letters. wink

I was talking about in general. It's often faster to type / navigate around with a keyboard than drag drag drag > click click click!

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #150, by AkcayKaraazmakSaturday, 10. December 2016, 08:43 8 years ago
    Guys I mean, controling the character movement with keyboard, for example with WASD and sure clicking with mouse. Please Simon, add this feature mate smile

Great Poster

440 Posts