problem with Freeware version 4.2

• #1, by c-wolfSaturday, 28. November 2015, 21:39 9 years ago
    these last few days i've been thinking about buying a license and i've been trying out the Freeware Version 3.6 for some time now to get to know the program better and so fare i'm loving it, but the other day i tried out the free 4.2 version, but for some reason the 4.2 version always crashes on me soon after i've started it up, and switched between some of the functions in the program.
    anyone know why this could be and if it would be a problem in the full 4 version too?
    it would be annoying if i bought the newest version and then it didn't work.

12 Posts

• #2, by Simon_ASASaturday, 28. November 2015, 22:36 9 years ago
    The devs will probably reply soon, but so far I never had any problem of stability with 4.2. I think we're all using it here now.

Great Poster

321 Posts

• #3, by SimonSSaturday, 28. November 2015, 23:14 9 years ago
    If you are getting these RAM issues, I'm sorry I can't really help you. These only happen on older hardware. I tried many times to get to the bottom line, but the problem seems to be related to the drivers. Maybe future versions will fix the problem.

Thread Captain

1581 Posts

• #4, by afrlmeSunday, 29. November 2015, 00:31 9 years ago
    these last few days i've been thinking about buying a license and i've been trying out the Freeware Version 3.6 for some time now to get to know the program better and so fare i'm loving it, but the other day i tried out the free 4.2 version, but for some reason the 4.2 version always crashes on me soon after i've started it up, and switched between some of the functions in the program.
    anyone know why this could be and if it would be a problem in the full 4 version too?
    it would be annoying if i bought the newest version and then it didn't work.

Quick note: the freeware version is exactly the same as the full versions. The only difference between the two versions is that the freeware version is limited to 10 scenes & the build game feature has been disabled. Other than that they are identical.

P.S: could you provide some spec information for your computer please? Like Simon said it's probably your machine that can't handle it, but the specs might help him identify another issue - maybe. Then again VS was overhauled quite a lot for VS4 & I think it requires a lot more power to use than VS3 & below.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #5, by c-wolfSunday, 29. November 2015, 01:08 9 years ago
    my computers specs are
    Medion
    classification : 4,4 Windows Experience Index
    Processor: pentium (R) Dual-Core CPU T4200 @ 2.00GHz 2.00GHz
    Memory (RAM): 4,00 GB
    Systemtype: 32-bit

12 Posts